We take individual privacy seriously. This Statement explains our policies and practices.
We respect your privacy and will use our reasonable endeavor:
• to implement computer, physical and procedural safeguards to protect the security and confidentiality of the personal data we collect
• to limit the personal data collected to the minimum required to provide a better service
• to permit only properly trained, authorized employees to access personal data
• not to disclose your personal data to external parties unless you have agreed, we are required by law or we have previously informed you.
1. Information collection
In order to provide a better service to you, we may collect information such as company name, contact person, address, telephone number, mobile phone, fax number, email address, website, nature of business and product/service details when you register with us, use our services, attend our functions, or communicate with us. In the process, we also collect personal information about individual contact persons of the companies or their employees. Separately, we collect personal information of individuals in the course of and in relation to provision of our services or products.
If specific information is requested but not supplied, we may be unable to provide the required service.
2. Use of information
The purposes for which information may be used by us in and outside Hong Kong include:
• processing applications
• providing services and providing enquirers with contact and business information
• our operations, e.g., incorporation into our database, analysis, research and auditing
• notification of Adsale trade fairs and promotional events in Hong Kong, China and around the world (and similar events or trade fairs organized by our business partners)
• distribution of Adsale publications, industry news, research materials technology/market /business information etc. (and those of our business partners and participants)
• marketing Adsale services or products (and those of our business partners and participants)
• complying with applicable laws in or outside Hong Kong
• other purposes relating to the activities identified above.
We may conduct direct marketing via fax, email, direct mail, telephone and other means of communication, or send e-newsletters to you. You may choose not to receive promotional materials, by simply telling us (see below for contact details), and we will cease to do so, without charge.
We will keep the personal data confidential but may provide information to:
• personnel, agents, advisers, auditors, contractors, financial institutions, and service providers in connection with our operations or services
• our overseas offices, affiliates, and business partners
• Others, including exhibitors, advertisers and persons enquiring about companies in different industries
• persons under a duty of confidentiality to us
• persons to whom we are required to make disclosure under applicable laws in or outside Hong Kong
• actual or proposed transferees or participants of our services
We cannot control how third parties use information.
Our site will apply Cookies to browser for the reasons below:
• to provide personalized content and to facilitate interactive activities;
• to analyze traffic statistics and to improve our services to visitors.
If you choose to reject Cookies, certain functionality may not be available to you. You can modify your browser's setting to accept or reject Cookies.
Member information and personal data are password protected and can be accessed by authorized employees only.
We encourage you to logout member's area and close browser window after visiting from a public computer. This can protect others to gain access to your personal information.
Hyperlinks to other websites are provided for your convenience. You will leave our website for another location that is not controlled by us. Our privacy policies do not apply to other websites. Please refer to the privacy policies of the other websites.
We may update this Statement. When we do, the changes will be posted on this website
8. Data transfers
We will generally hold your data on our corporate servers. However, we may transfer it to our overseas offices elsewhere in the world or to any of the people listed at paragraph 3 above, which may be located elsewhere.
9. Your consent and rights
By using our service, making an application or visiting our website, you consent to the collection and use of your information and other activities as outlined in this Statement unless your express consent is otherwise required by the applicable law.
Please send requests to access or correct data, to cease communications, and questions or complaints to firstname.lastname@example.org. We may charge a reasonable fee for processing a data access request.